Huzzah! Woodturtle is officially one year old today!
Alhamdulillah, I am quite humbled and honoured at the attention that the blog has gathered over the last year. This is due to my amazing readers who regularly comment and share my writing with others — and so I would like to thank you all for making Woodturtle a place where people can come to learn, exchange ideas, and hopefully feel welcome. You’re what’s keeping this blog going.
I would also like to thank the many amazing bloggers who have supported me, introduced me to their work, helped me during times of blogging fail and who have given me personal support — either directly as a friend, or through their writing, that has impacted my life in many positive ways.
These bloggers are brilliant and continue to inspire me to become a better writer and person — and if you aren’t already reading them, I highly suggest that you check them out:
- Renee @ Womanist Musings — who gets special thanks for giving me a supportive space and platform over at her blog. I see the world differently and am constantly learning through Renee and her guest bloggers. I’m glad we connect over pizza. For the record, Renee is always right.
- I found Blue Milk when looking for articles on breastfeeding and co-sleeping. I was immediately drawn to her concept of feminist motherhood and she inspired me to start blogging again. She was also the first to link to me and who introduced me to so many excellent Australian bloggers.
- During the first stressful weeks as a new mother, I frequently took refuge in Annie @ PhDinparenting. She taught me that problems with breastfeeding are normal and how not to stress over new parenting issues. Reading her work always made me feel like I knew what I was doing when it came to itty-bitty-Eryn.
- It always makes me happy when I see Nahida @ the Fatal Feminist get a million comments on her posts. She is a gem and full of snark.
- The awesome, fantabulous and so brilliant-he-deserves-his-own-tag-just-like-Chuck-Norris, Dan Waters.
- There are so many more, *cough* Ify Okoye, Sparky, What Tami Said, Almost Clever, Metis, Organica, Muslimah Media Watch, Kawdess, etc, etc.
So everyone, I do hope that you feel engaged here at Woodturtle. I have big plans for the upcoming year to try to get some of you lurkers out of the dark (hello lurkers!). And as always, if there is anything you’d like to ask me, or a topic you’d like to discuss, please feel free to drop me a line and flip me your ideas.