Good afternoon folks and welcome to the muslim roundup! It’s a little hectic at the wood turtle homestead. We had a birthday and are now gearing up for a trip to Kuwait. Which means a lot of running around for a lot of last-minute preparations. So this alliteration edition of the roundup will be light on commentary. A true rapid-fire Ramadan roundup.
- Muslims in St. John’s Newfoundland can’t find a place to celebrate ‘Eid. Masha’Allah the community has grown and they’re expecting whopping 350 people. But the mosque is too small and the hotels are all booked out. Here’s hoping for a Ramadan miracle.
- Non-Muslim? Joining in on a Muslim fast? MuslimahMERICAN has excellent tips for the first-time non-Muslim Muslim faster.
- More fasting footballers make it to the White House. Here’s what Obama had to say: “Islam has always been part of our American family, and Muslim Americans have long contributed to the strength and character of our country.” Cheers, let’s eat!
- 30Mosques FINALLY made it to the sister’s section. Bassam flit back and forth between the sections and got schooled in what it feels like to be excluded from a space. Also check out the lovely Nor’s Letters and awesome Rev. Ann Holmes Redding on Being Christian and Muslim.
- Women’s Soccer is creeping its way across the face of Saudi Arabia.
2) Finally, from my hero-of-the-week, a genuine, important-knock-your-hijabs-right-off PSA: THIS!!